Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: 580 Episodes 50 Topical Rants 234 Comics
March 28, 2024, 07:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forgot your password?

Sponsors

iLL WiLL PreSS
Neurotically Yours, Home Of Foamy The Squirrel! All Done By Jonathan Ian Mathers.

Official iLL WiLL PrEss YouTube Channel

Pricing

Site Title

Site Description

Comics

xx Snow

3 years ago by shadav
0 comments | Write Comment

Ads

Advertise Here

Topic: The Point of it All (Parts 1 - 3 and Complete Plus Extra)  (Read 620 times)

Poll

How Would You Rate This Episode?

Fucking Awesome!
0 (0%)
Rocks My Socks Off!
0 (0%)
Could've Been Better...
0 (0%)
WTF Was J.I.M. Thinking?
0 (0%)
Sucked Major Ass!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Offline shadav

Female us
  • Custom Title Goes Here
  • Repute +0/-0
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Personal Text Goes Here
    • Buy me some coffee
    • Shadav Network
    • Awards
The Point of it All (Parts 1 - 3 and Complete Plus Extra)
« on: 4 years ago »
« Last Edit: 3 years ago by shadav »
Start FREAKIN' OUT! The end is near (of Germaine's story)

Things get a bit clearer in the 2nd part of "The Point of it All"
Now it makes sense.... (Last part of "The Point of it All")
... and now it's confusing again.

• Youtube - All 3 Parts + Extra
  • Foamy Fanatics - All 3 Parts + Extra

Individual Parts, As Originally Released: ShowHide
  • Youtube - Part 1
  • Foamy Fanatics - Part 1

• Youtube - Part 2
  • Foamy Fanatics  - Part 2

• Youtube - Part 3
  • Foamy Fanatics - Part 3

Notes on “The Point of it All” and where the series goes from here.<br/>
With all 3 parts of “The Point of it All” posted, I can actually give some notes on the series without spoiling anything for anyone. (If you haven't seen the episodes, stop now!) For years (15 of 'em) I put together an odd trip through Germaine's mind, starting with the very first episode showing Germaine vigorously typing on her computer, constantly getting distracted by her pet squirrel. Though my skills have improved (a little) the seeds were planted way back then. As the series continued there were some odd instances that left people scratching their heads, wondering, “What the hell is this guy doing to the series?” Various hair style changes, bizarre situations that just didn't seem to quite fit with what was going on, but, there was and is, a reason. The thing most people overlooked was Germaine has always been a writer at heart. A poet, a creative mind. An artist of sorts that lives in her own head. She twists reality in her mind in order to cope with it's soul-crushing boredom. A guy delivering a pizza, could be a potential stalker. A neighbor and his dog could be searching for the secret of a mythical squirrel that just so happens to be her pet. A boring job as a coffee-house clerk could be so much more fun with magically enhanced boobs. The list goes on. Essentially, we've all been living in her head for the last 15 years.

So now what? With all this info out now, I can freely jump back and forth, in and out of her mind. So if there's an episode where she has blue hair or odd body proportions, chances are, we're seeing things from her perspective.

For me, I always thought all this was obvious, but the more comments I read, the more I realized I was never quite clear about it. So instead of correcting people, I kept it a secret, never mentioned it, never revealed it to anyone, (Not even Dawn B.) and let things settle for over a decade. For some the whole concept of “seeing life from an artists eyes” may seem underwhelming or a bit “meh”, but if anything, keeping it a secret for 15 years has been quite the accomplishment. And for those wondering why the series is called “Neurotically Yours”, and not “Foamy The Squirrel”. It's goes back to writing. It's meant as closing to a the story of Germaine's life. A story by a quirky, awkward girl who has written and lived her own life in her head, eventually signing off... “Neurotically Yours...”

So with that out of the way, I'm gearing up to put the “Neurotic” back in Neurotically Yours. So, back to work!

NOTES: With all 3 parts, and a secret 4th episode released, we're all caught up on the mad mind of Germaine. An introvert of a writer, penning her own story. The only lingering question is, which version of Germaine is the actual author of the story we've all been sitting through? The skinny waif of a girl riddled with anxieties or the unstable gothic bombshell who takes crap from no one? Any version of her could be the potential author of her story. Which one? Who knows... Her life is an open book, and we're all just reading along. Enjoy the ride.
What Does This All Mean For The Series?
Creatively, this finally lets me bounce around between character designs, instances, and bizarre scenarios without having people scratching their heads wondering what the hell I'm doing. So the series is not bound anymore by a linear story. Blue-haired Germaine could pop up at any point, the old style cartoons (first series) may re-appear, and so on. I wanted to get this done for the longest time, but hey, I'm just one guy. So I can only get so much done.
Signature Goes Here

Advertise Here

Point Of Sales Systems

in Season 2
Started by shadav

Replies: 0
Views: 1104
Last post 16 years ago
by shadav
Neurotically Yours : The Complete Collection

in Official Merch
Started by shadav

Views: 317
Last post 3 years ago
by shadav
Neurotically Yours : The Complete Collection : Volume 2

in Official Merch
Started by shadav

Views: 256
Last post 3 years ago
by shadav

Donations

Year 2024 Goal: $430.08
Below Goal: $430.08
 0%

Foamy The Squirrel Cartoons & Images Are Copyright Jonathan Ian Mathers © iLL WiLL PreSS 2002 - 2024 Support J.I.M.Support J.I.M.
All Content Is From illwillpress.com and is not associated with this site.

We simply are a fan site trying to help spread the chaos of Foamy

Advertise Here